For the last eight years, Pirie has participated in the Read to Succeed program with Six Flags Great America. To participate, students in K-6th must:
- Read recreationally for at least six hours outside of any school assignments
- Enter in the title and time read on Student Reading Log
- Obtain a Parent or Guardian's initials to verify the amount read and participation in the program
- Return the completed Book Log to their homeroom teacher by the deadline.
This year's program will begin in December 2020 when the new Reading Logs are distributed. In order to receive a free ticket, forms must be turned in by February 21, 2021. Tickets will be distributed with the final report card.
- Dates are approximate and will be confirmed once Six Flags begins their 2021 program.